Friday, December 23, 2005

Canada Beckons...

Wednesday 21 Dec 2005:
Funny how, sometimes, you dream of a situation and then it 'replays' right in front of your eyes - premonition? Perhaps. Time: 5.10AM. Felt a wee bit awkward for not 'reciprocating' his outstretched arms for a farewell hug. For the love of God, I had to refrain from doing so (its not permissible in Islam, hope he understands).

Anyway, I'll pray that he has a safe journey to and fro Canada and that he will spend quality time with family and friends over the festive season. Can't wait to view the pictures! It would have been lovely if C actually bid him farewell...

In retrospect, I really pull my hats off to those who travel the world for work and actually take the time to travel half the globe to be with family and friends during special occassions; It takes a lot of discipline to do so.

I've always have this inkling feeling, a desire to explore the world, work elsewhere and gain the experience while learning a different culture and appreciating God's gift of diverse humanity or retire in a foreign land by leading a simple yet quality life... wishful thinking? Nothing is impossible...

PS: Hope he is not anywhere near the Toronto incident...


Gift suggestions (or for any other day):
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect. - Oren Arnold

No comments: